Saturday, February 14, 2009

Know where I have been the last few days... attending a Mission in our parish. It began on the evening of the 9th and ended on the evening of the 12th. It was fantastic. What do I mean using that adjective? Using good to describe those four nights wouldn't be enough. If it disappears tomorrow, for those nights I was a Catholic again, not just in my heart as it has been for all these long years but a Catholic in action. Celebrating the Mass, receiving the Eucharist. Everyone in attendance went to confession. There wasn't the abuse of a general confession where everyone is absolved at the same time. Three priests heard individual confessions.

We are living in some difficult times, so you Catholics out there, get your act together.

2 comments:

SQUELLY said...

Hello I just stumbled upon your blogs and am so much enjoying what I have been reading. I thought I would just leave a comment and introduce myself because I am sure I will be back

Ruth said...

Thank you SQUELLY1 I have linked to your blog.

Ruth