Monday, October 5, 2009

Weather-wise. it is a heavily clouded rainy day which in many people would be considered an awful day. I love rainy days and use the time reflecting on my past, the present life I live and what the future has in store for me. When I look back to the past I see that I lived a truly Catholic life .. I was taught by good nuns who didn't want to be a priest or the pope. The Mass was said in Latin and all the later hype about changing to the vernacular was not necessary. We each had our own Missals and on the page opposite the Latin was English. Priests were holy men who were faithful to the Magisterium .. their homilies were focused on the Gospel of Christ and not present day political agenda. The Blessed Mother said in her Magnificat, "All generations will call me blessed as the Lord has done great things for me." The Mother of Our Lord, Jesus Christ said this .. we called her blessed. I realize now that I was given a "gift" to hear and live the true teachings of the Catholic Church and I am humbly grateful.

Unfortunately, in the 60's, the past was to eventually become the present time we live in. I know saying that "it makes my blood boil" is not a charitable thing to say but I was there and we were deceived. Pope Benedict XVI is calling out to all faithful Catholics to stand up and be counted. Do we have the courage to do that? How do we do it? We pray, pray, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to lead the way. Use the Internet as a means to defend Him, We might have to endure terrible things said to us but don't respond in an ugly way. Jesus Christ, Savior of the World, said not a word in His defense but now is the time for US to speak for Him.

My Future at this time may be a bleak one but my faith and the love I have for Him and His church casts out all fear.

2 comments:

Mary N. said...

May God bless you for standing up and speaking the truth! Many people are afraid to do this.

Ruth said...

Thank you Mary for your comment. I have always spoken the truth so why change now. What will happen will happen regardless of what I say but I think it necessary to let other people know that we are out here and feel as they do.

Hope you noticed that I also linked your beautiful site.

May God Bless You Too!