Thursday, November 13, 2008

We are blind to truth as was Pontius Pilate, a Roman Emperor, when he asked Jesus, "What is truth?" We have had the truth in the Catholic Church for 2000 yrs. and although many were attracted to the faith they shied away from what they considered to be hard truths; namely the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, confession, birth control, divorce and the Blessed Mother. I had often asked myself why I believe and others don't. All that I have mentioned are important but the stumbling block is the Real Presence.

Let's take a passage out of scripture, John Chapter 6 Verse 41-47 The Jews had murmured about him because he had said, "I am the bread that has come down from heaven." And they kept saying, "Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph and Mary, whose father and mother we know?" How then can he say, "I am the bread that has come down from heaven" In answer therefore, Jesus said to them,

"Do not murmur among yourselves. No one can can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him; and I will raise him up on the last day. It is written in the Prophets, "And they shall all be taught of God" Everyone who has listened to the Father and has learned, comes to me: not that anyone has seen the Father except him who is from God, he has seen the Father, Amen, amen, I say to you, he who believes in me has life everlasting.

To Catholics that have moved away from the teachings of the Church, you have been given a special gift, see the truth, Come home.

No comments: